- RSS Channel Showcase 1897082
- RSS Channel Showcase 4583198
- RSS Channel Showcase 3577595
- RSS Channel Showcase 9909123
- 07/25/15--10:02: FAMILY HOMELESSNESS: Census results show rise in homeless families
- 07/30/15--12:34: VOICES FROM THE STREET: A plan, a census and a fall guy
- 01/27/17--14:10: Point in time count 2017
The Boston Public Health Commission recently released the findings of its 35th annual homeless census, which tracks the homeless population in the city of Boston. The census found an unsettlingly large increase in the amount of homeless families: the number grew a full 25 percent, up from 1,234 households last year to 1,543 this year....
The post FAMILY HOMELESSNESS: Census results show rise in homeless families appeared first on Spare Change News.
A couple of weeks ago, the 35th annual Boston homeless census was released. Those of you who know me know how I feel about the census. I have never hidden the fact that I believe it to be inaccurate in every way. And while I hoped that every effort would be made to get this...
The post VOICES FROM THE STREET: A plan, a census and a fall guy appeared first on Spare Change News.
At last year’s point in time count—the city’s annual homeless census where groups of volunteers physically count the homeless folks they see in the streets—Mayor Marty Walsh had recently announced the City of Boston functionally ended veteran homelessness. This year, to a crowd of 400 volunteers, he announced that two-and-a-half years of housing first initiatives...